Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 187

Thread: 2007 football schedules

  1. #151
    Inactive Member mlhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2007
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    No one said it was anti-Appy conspiracy. I'm just saying that scheduling non-district games was a tough one this year for Appy. Both you and Ironlung are jumping the gun making it sound like scheduling games in a piece of cake. No such thing. Like I said, unless you are in that situation, DON'T criticize.

  2. #152
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Really though, even Tom the past few years has had a similar schedule. The only thing that has changed is the addition of Shelby Valley and Castlewood. RC and SP have been on TW's schedule for probably the last 8 years, and last two, which Tom would have scheduled had Thomas Walker on it, so I can't say that Tom really had a different schedule his last 5-6 years at the helm.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #153
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lung while Appys schedule is not what it was back in 90's it is not a overly week schedule either

    there Out Of Dictric games are
    #1 Castlewood - Won a share of the Cumberland last season
    #2 Rye Cove - A solid team in a game that has become a bit of a rilvery
    #3 Gate City - IMHO the best non LPD team in the Region
    #4 St Paul - Should be one of the top Cumberland teams this season
    #5 Selbe Valley - Not a great team but will bring AA Powerpoints </div></div>

    Actually, other than GC it's pretty piss poor. I wasn't saying anything bad about them. They can schedule Wise County Christian School for all I care. It's just not a the typical schedule you'd see Tom put together. I guess somebody thought I was banging on papa or something. I haven't looked at the schedule for conflicting dates, but I wonder if Appy is playing one of those sisters of the poor teams on a week that Haysi has one of those open weeks. That would have been a decent game to watch. It could have turned into another good series like the JIB/Haysi series was or the Appy/Honaker one was. </div></div>


    Again nothing like the schedules of the 90's but Appy is not in that catagory of team right now eaither.

    If you look at the schedule Appy SHOULD be favered in 4 of those 5 games but there in not 1 single "BAD" team out of the other 4

  4. #154
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Here's how easy it is. On 10-26 Appy and Haysi are both open. That would have given Haysi their 10th game. All Appy would have had to do is drop one of those 3 teams that will have the starters sitting the second half. Like I said, you started this and made it into something it didn't need to be. I stated what was obvious to anyone who looked at those schedules, Tom had no part in it. He wouldn't have scheduled all of those cream puffs. He may have played RC and SP, he wouldn't have went and added Castlewood and Shelby Valley after that though. He'd have gotten Honaker, Sullivan North, Harlan, or some team that may have beaten Appy, but would have made them better by playing. I've said the same thing about Clintwood before. Playing two of the three of Ervinton and St Paul or Castlewood in the same year is a joke. There are hundreds of schools around here. The Appy/Haysi situation mentioned above shows that if you want a competitive game, it can more times than not be found. When you find out why the above wasn't done, let me know since you've got the low down on the scheduling and you see how hard it was to put that meat grinder together.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #155
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Do you really thing that there are 4 good teams out of those 5? GC is good. Nobody could or would complain about that. RC is hit or miss, has become a good rivalry, can't complain about that. SP, SV, and Castlewood are pathetic. They couldn't beat an LPD team other than maybe Pound.

    Stripes.. No. Tom's later schedules weren't what they were in the 90's, but they weren't what they are this year either. I'll give you 2 cream puffs in a year, not 4. Even when Tom played some of the weaker teams in the past few years, I think those years he'd still play a Harlan or Honaker or somebody at least competitive for 3 quarters.

    Maybe Austin put this schedule together thinking about next year though and not so much this year.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #156
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    It was tough for everyone...if not you wouldn't have PV playing TW...but the scheduling has dropped off from Tom's schedules from a decade ago...but then again, around 99 Appy saw a signifigant drop off as well. They rebounded quite well, but still haven't been able to fit the pieces back together since. And, really, I don't see where I criticized Appy anywhere in my previous post...But, I do know it'll be hard for Appy to ever get Honaker back on their schedule.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #157
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    Thats sort of my point though man, the last two seasons, they played RC, SP, and TW. Of those 3 RC is the only one who sniffed the playoffs since 02.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #158
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really thing that there are 4 good teams out of those 5? GC is good. Nobody could or would complain about that. RC is hit or miss, has become a good rivalry, can't complain about that. SP, SV, and Castlewood are pathetic. They couldn't beat an LPD team other than maybe Pound.

    Stripes.. No. Tom's later schedules weren't what they were in the 90's, but they weren't what they are this year either. I'll give you 2 cream puffs in a year, not 4. Even when Tom played some of the weaker teams in the past few years, I think those years he'd still play a Harlan or Honaker or somebody at least competitive for 3 quarters.

    Maybe Austin put this schedule together thinking about next year though and not so much this year. </div></div>

    I never said that they were all "Good" just that they are not "Bad"

    CW - Won the Cumberland last year and will have 6 or so wins again this year

    St Paul - Will win 6 or 7 games and should probably be considered the Cumberland Fav going into the season

    SV - Will win 6 or 7 games and give Appy AA points to boot

    All in all Appy scheduled for the points and should make out well

  9. #159
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    I think the Lb. would beat shelby valley, SP or Castlewood...easily
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #160
    Inactive Member mlhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2007
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2007 football schedules

    You know, you seem to be the only one complaining about this subject. So, what is this about that makes it such a sore subject with you. When you figure that out, let me know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •